Saturday, October 28, 2006

Kidd Video



"Aye-yaye-yaye-we look like--cartoons!"

You gotta love it!!!

This cartoon is one that haunted me for years, until recently. I knew the plot(a "real" rock band gets sucked into an alternate universe where they become cartoons) and I knew the bad guy's name "Master Blaster". It wasn't until recently that I was able to get more information on this really cool 80s cartoon. I'd completely forgotten about the little pixie, "Glitter" whose magic in her sneeze and the Master Blaster's thugs, the Copy Cats. A great source for all things "Kidd Video" is www.kvflipside.org. There are episode guides, as well as youtube links to watch the episodes.

3 comments:

Kacey said...

I realize that you posted this in 2006 but - OH MY WORD!! I've been trying for YEARS to remember the name of this. What did I remember? A real band got pulled into a mirror, and then...
"Aye-yaye-yaye-we look like--cartoons!"
Anyone that I would mention this to thought that I was crazy!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

AKA Delaney said...

Actually, hunting this down (because no one but my sister even vaguely remembered this cartoon) was one of the reasons I started this blog). It's been FOREVER since I updated it, but I'm glad you found your answer!

Anonymous said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!! I've been telling people about this cartoons for years and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy...and I found it!!! that's so rad. thanks for posting.